During normal times, preparing for hurricane season can be overwhelming. Now with the addition of the COVID-19 pandemic, people find themselves struggling more than ever to prepare. It is important to stay calm and take the necessary precautions in order to face hurricane season.
- Give yourself additional time to get emergency food, water, and supplies, and prepare for possible delays in receiving all of the supplies you need
- Fill out any and all prescriptions you may need ahead of time, and receive mail delivery or do drive-through/curbside pick-up if possible
- Stay informed with your local government: pay attention to updates on evacuations, shelter information, and more
- Create a safe evacuation plan and research public shelters that will keep you safe and follow CDC recommendations and precautions
- Plan for your pets
- Follow CDC recommendations while dealing with aftermath of a hurricane, especially regarding where you are staying and who you are seeing
While preparing for the 2020 hurricane season, make sure to remember that a pandemic is still occurring. Insurance Litigation Group is here to guide you through this season. Make sure you give yourself enough time to prepare, take the proper precautions and continue using CDC COVID-19 guidelines.